The Browning School Speaker Series
Embrace the opportunity to empower your sons through learning!
Join Dr. Ray Swann and Dr. Mark Dowley from the Foundation for Positive Masculinity as we explore how to improve and strengthen the connections we have with our boys. Bring your son along to acquire invaluable tools to build deeper connections, manage differences, and understand how to set effective boundaries. Through interactive sessions with Dr. Swann and Dr. Dowley, you will:
- Gain parenting skills (such as helping your son deal with everyday frustrations and disappointments).
- Gain insights into the impact of technology and gendered messaging on boys today
- Have fun with your son!
Parents of Middle and Upper School students are encouraged to bring their sons along to this event.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Dr. Mark Dowley is the Director of Programs at the +M foundation and Adjunct Lecturer at LaTrobe University. An experienced mathematics and physical education teacher and recipient of multiple teaching awards, he completed his Doctor of Education and Masters in Education Policy (International) at the University of Melbourne. His role is to drive school improvement, with a specific focus on improving the engagement and learning of boys in the classroom. Mark consults internationally on culture, belonging and behavior and has also been acknowledged for his contributions to multiple books on classroom management, coaching and staff development.
- Dr. Ray Swann, Executive Director of Foundation for Positive Masculinity, is a post-doctoral research fellow at the University of Melbourne having completed his PhD in Medical Education at the Austin Hospital. Ray leads change in well-being programs and evidence-informed practice with experience across government, independent and single-gender schools. He is host of the Understanding Boys podcast and author of “The Seven Stories: Planting Seeds for Positive Masculinity.”
- Thursday 19 October 2023, 6.00-7.30pm (EDT)
- The Browning School
- 52 E. 62nd Street Kurani Gym New York, NY 10065 United States
Visit the Event page
Email the Foundation